Using crystals for protection against negative energy is essential during times of COVID.
Keeping a positive energy and keeping your happiness elevated is essential because it has the ability to influence who you are drawn to, who is drawn to you, and how you genuinely feel about yourself.
However, occasionally you may bump into people who have an unhealthy mindset.
If we are not careful about this, these people may bring off a negative energy that your own persona absorbs.
We know that we have absorbed their energy once we start having the same feelings that the person has.
According to one study, positive emotions like excitement and happiness, and negative emotions like sadness, fear and irritability, are easily passed from one person to another.
This study also showed that this happens often without people realizing that it occurred.
But, recently I stumbled upon this concept known as spiritual protection stones.
Many people have claimed that it has worked wonders for protecting themselves against negative energy.
Let’s dive into how it works, what type of crystals are commonly used for protection against negative energy, and the science behind it.
Types of Spiritual Protection Stones
- Onyx is a grounding, layered Chalcedony, which is a variety of microcrystalline Quartz.
- It is naturally black and white with parallel bands or a wide band of solid black.
- However, in today’s time, many people who sell this stone enhance the colors which can make it banded with the color brown, reddish-brown, or white.
- It is said to help calm fears, give courage and many spiritual gurus believe that it creates a feeling of security which can allow people to move past their fears.
- Jet is a black or sometimes brown stone that is usually woody in material.
- It may also be known as Black Amber, Lignite, and Gem Lignite.
- This crystal is said to help during the times that may bring forth negative energy like when someone is dealing with challenging situations.
- When using Jet during challenging situations, the stone is said to help banish unwanted thoughts and emotions while also helping you focus on the things that matter and the things that are in your control.
- Pyrite is an iron sulfide mineral that has a pale opaque, brassy-yellow color with a strong gold-like metallic luster, yet still being lighter in color than gold itself.
- At times when it is oxidized, it may be a darker brownish-gold color.
- Pyrite may also be known as Fools Gold, Iron Pyrite, or Cat’s Gold.
- Pyrite is said to be one of the best crystals for protection against negative energy due to it acting as a source of clarity during the times when people weigh heavy judgments on you.
- On top of that, it is also known for relieving frustration.
- By using pyrite, you stay non-combative and in a more relaxed and protected state.
- Tiger’s Eye
- Tiger’s eye is a metamorphic stone that comes with iron stripes while covered in different shades of reddish-brown.
- It is said to protect against negative energy by sharpening the senses in order to pay attention to details and prepare for positive action during the times when things are happening too fast.
- It is also said to provide confidence and support when someone needs to make a difficult decision
- Malachite is a rich green copper carbonate hydroxide mineral.
- It is said to act as protection against negative energy by drawing out any existing negative energies.
- Like Onyx, it also helps with overcoming fears while also bringing forth a more positive energy of empathy.
- Lastly, malachite is said to block out any negative emotional patterns and ties that have been contained in past relationships.
- Carnelians are spiritual protection stones of the Quartz family that has a pale pinkish-orange to a deep rusty brown color.
- This quartz gives protection against negative energy by pushing away envy, rage, and resentment that comes from others or yourself.
- It is useful for getting rid of emotional ties from abuse of any kind so that you are able to trust yourself and your perceptions.
- Black Tourmaline
- Black tourmaline is said to be the ultimate crystal that protects against negative energy since it is said to protect on every level at once including spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and environmental.
- This crystal is also said to help you make a decision in the right direction to move to when there is a negative energy present.
- It’s also said to act as a source of cleansing.
- This cleansing occurs by the stone absorbing the negative energy behind negative thoughts and emotions.
- This stone is an aluminosilicate mineral that has a translucent appearance in the shades of blue, green, black, and orange.
- It is also known as disthene, rhaeticite, and cyanite.
- Kyanite is said to be one of the most calming out of all the crystals.
- Kyanite has the ability to give protection against negative energy by pushing away negative behaviors and bringing in the growth of compassion.
- Obsidians are spiritual protection stones of the igneous family and are usually jet-black in color.
- However, the presence of hematite (iron oxide), produces red and brown varieties, and tiny gas bubbles create a golden sheen smeared across the surface.
- Like, black tourmaline, it also absorbs negative energy.
- This negative energy absorption takes away any built-up negativity caused by your own or others’ anger, fear, resentment, and stress.
- It also has the added function of providing a sense of security
- Turquoise is by far the prettiest out of all the spiritual protection stones, in my opinion.
- It consists of an opaque, blue-to-green color that is made up of hydrated phosphate of copper and aluminum.
- These spiritual protection stones promote self-realization and assist in creative problem solving during times when negative energy is present.
- It also instills peace during situations where a negative energy may attempt to instill the negative within you.
- Selenite is a monoclinic crystal formed from calcium sulfate dihydrate with pale shades of white and a clay-like texture.
- Other forms of selenite include satin spar, desert rose, and gypsum flower.
- I love the kit linked above because it includes each of the forms of selenite.
- Selenite is apart of the collection of crystals for protection against negative energy because of its ability to take away worries.
- It is said to do this by increasing your clarity and your awareness of the positive in your surroundings
- Smokey Quartz
- The spiritual protection stones, Smokey Quartz, is a translucent mineral that helps fight off negative energy by acting as a source that will help bring emotional strength.
- It also is said to absorb any negative energy, like black tourmaline.
- Varieties of this mineral include morion, brandberg smoky quartz, smoky citrine quartz, smoky amethyst quartz, and cairngorm.
- Kambaba Jasper
- Kambaba Jasper is a sedimentary stone composed of microcrystalline quartz interlaced with Stromatolites.
- It is a black stone with green like swirl patterns.
- It may also be known as Green Stromatolite Jasper, Zentron, Crocodile Rock, and Crocodile Jasper.
- Kambaba jasper is known for helping people let go of negative thoughts, feelings, and fears while also eliminating any negative energies in the process.
- Shungite is a carbon-rich stone with a grayish color in its raw form.
- When not in its raw form and polished, it brings out a rich black mineral color with a bright shade.
- When it is not polished, the mineral turns out to be a dull black color in addition to the gray shade on top of it.
- It is said to be helpful in protecting against negative thoughts and emotions within you and negative thoughts and emotions within others.
- A double plus for this mineral is that it is the only mineral to contain fullerenes, a crystalline form of carbon and the antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals.
- Hematite are spiritual protection stones that are in the mineral form of Iron Oxide that may range from the color black to steel or silver-grey, brown to reddish-brown, or red.
- It works as protection by dissolving negativity and preventing you from absorbing the negativity of others like the mineral shungite.
- It also helps to enhance willpower which is thought to be great for overcoming compulsions
- Lav is an igneous volcanic rock that has solidified from molten lava, after conditions of intense heat and pressure.
- Is also known as Basalt, or Lava Rock
- It is said to be a part of the crystals for protection against negative energy since it can give strength and courage and it can help allow stability during times of change.
- Many claim that it has also been useful for getting rid of anger
Common Ways to Use Crystals for Protection Against Negative Energy
The first thing to mention is that if you are using newly bought crystals, it is said to be essential to cleanse them first by burning some sage around them.
Wear Spiritual Protection Stones as Jewelry
All crystals for protection against negative energy can be used as bracelets, earrings, or necklaces.
I like to think of the benefit as getting two great different uses out of one thing.
Many spiritual gurus say to wear stone jewelry in a certain position.
When you wear the crystal jewelry on the right side of your body it is said to send out its powers out word give it healing property to others as well.
When you wear the crystal jewelry on the left side of your body it is said that you will receive its healing energy and enjoy the benefit yourself.
Use Spiritual Protection Stones with Environmental Feng Shuai
Place any of the protection stones near the front entrance of your home.
This is said to be one of the ways to activate their protective properties.
I would say that this is a good conversation starter as soon as someone enters your home.
Overall, it makes good home decor too, right?
Meditate with Spiritual Protection Stones
The best meditation with spiritual protection stones requires a quiet space and journal.
- Once you have established your quiet space, get into a comfortable position while having your crystals close to you.
- Close your eyes while staying intuned with your breath for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, you want to stay intuned with the messages that you receive from the crystals.
- Then, write them down in your journal.
- If no messages come up, that is fine as well.
- As long as you are feeling the soothing mindfulness effects of the crystals, you are doing perfectly.
- Lastly, you want to end your crystal mediation by refocusing on your breath and opening your eyes when you are ready.
Make a Crystal Protection Grid
- The first thing you would need to do is set a specific intention. What type of protection are you aiming to achieve specifically with the stones and are you using the right stones?
- Then you are going to cleanse your space by burning some sage.
- After you are finished cleansing, you’re going to write down your specific intention on a piece of paper.
- This paper is then going to be folded and placed in the middle of your crystal grid cloth.
- Then, you will breathe in deeply as if you are meditating.
- Once this is completed, you will either visualize that intention or say it out loud.
- Set up your stones within your crystal grid by placing them in the exterior and then moving towards the center.
- While you are doing this, it is important to keep your intention in mind.
- Next, you want to put your center crystal on top of your intention that was written on paper.
- Finally, you will activate the crystal grid by taking a quartz crystal point (this is a crystal that has a point on the end), starting from the outside, and drawing an imaginary line between each stone to energetically connect each one.
Take a Crystal Like Bath
The most relaxing way to use crystals is by using them while you are in the bath.
As you are soaking up in the warm water, have the crystals laying right beside you on the dish rack or on top of the counter (whichever is closest).
What Does Science Say About Crystals for Protection Against Negative Energy
Although limited in evidence, a few science related studies have shown that using crystals for protection against negative energy has the power to induce a placebo effect which can provide the effect of boosting hope and boosting your mood.
With this being said, a big misconception is that people think placebos are a bad thing, but it’s actually not.
Studies have shown that when a patient performs an action, such as taking a sugar pill or getting an acupuncture session, it activates very specific regions in the brain.
These regions in the brain can trigger the release of feel-good hormones like endorphins, dopamine, and natural painkillers.
Well, then, sign me up for some spiritual protection stones!
What are your favorite crystals for protection against negative energy? Which of these spiritual protection stones have you used that have made the most significant impact? Comment below.
Thanks for reading! If you liked this post, please,
help a blogger out and share. I have made this blog single-handedly, piece by piece and one tiny share will make such a huge impact for growth.
It won’t take more than 8 seconds and the share buttons are right below.
Thank you so so much!
If you loved this post, get updates from me (it's free)
Sign up for my newsletter below and you will get:
- email updates on new posts
- exclusive advice on eliminating social awkwardness and low self esteem
- access to the Purposeful Morning Self Esteem journal
- access to the Freebie Library password (jam-packed with transformational challenges, cheatsheets, worksheets, & more)